SvgPathEditor is a web-based application that allows users to create and edit SVG paths directly in their browser. It offers a user-friendly interface and a range of tools and features to make the editing process efficient and easy. With SvgPathEditor, users can paste or edit raw paths, add new commands to the path, move points with drag and drop, and manipulate the viewBox. The application also provides shortcuts for quick commands insertion, conversion, and deletion.
Developed using Angular, SvgPathEditor offers a seamless editing experience and supports functionalities like scaling, translating, rotating, and rounding the full path. It also allows users to convert all commands to relative or absolute coordinates. Whether you're an experienced SVG user or a beginner, SvgPathEditor provides a convenient platform to create and modify SVG paths with precision and ease.
To use SvgPathEditor, simply access the web application at [this link](https://yqnn.github.io/svg-path-editor/). The application is completely free to use and does not require any installation.
If you prefer to run SvgPathEditor locally, there are two options available.
1. With Node.js:
- Ensure that you have Node.js v12.14, v14.15, or higher installed.
- Run the command `npm install` to install all the dependencies.
- Start the development server with the command `npm start`.
- Access the application locally at `http://localhost:4200/`.
2. With Docker:
- Build the Docker image using the command `docker build -t svg-path-editor .`.
- Run the Docker container and map the port using either `docker run -p 4200:4200 svg-path-editor` or `docker-compose up` command.
SvgPathEditor was generated using Angular CLI version 9.1.3.
SvgPathEditor offers a range of key features to enhance the SVG path editing experience:
- **Path Editing**: Users can paste or edit raw paths in the path field, and manipulate the path by adding, removing, and changing the type of commands.
- **Drag and Drop**: Points within the path can be moved using drag and drop gesture, allowing for easy manipulation of the path.
- **ViewBox Manipulation**: Users can zoom in/out, move the viewBox, and automatically set the viewBox based on the current path.
- **Path Operations**: The full path can be scaled, translated, rotated, and rounded using dedicated buttons.
- **Shortcut Support**: SvgPathEditor provides a wide range of shortcuts for efficient editing, including command insertion, conversion, deletion, and undo/redo operations.
SvgPathEditor is an open-source alternative for creating and editing SVG paths in the browser. It offers similar functionality to proprietary SVG editing tools but with the added benefit of being freely accessible and customizable. Users have the flexibility to host the application locally or use the web-based version without any restrictions. Unlike closed-source alternatives, SvgPathEditor provides transparency, allowing users to examine and modify the source code to suit their specific needs.
SvgPathEditor is a versatile tool suitable for designers, developers, and anyone working with SVG paths. Start using SvgPathEditor today to streamline your SVG editing process and create stunning visuals with ease.